Monday 13 June 2011

Chanel Summer 2011 Colletion- Mimosa


I'm so excited for Mimosa. I've been anticipating it for a long time. I had looked for it at a few Chanel counters and hadn't had any luck finding it, I finally found it in Surrey of all places. The collection had three limited edition nail polishes (Mimosa, Morning Rose, and Beige Petale). Mimosa is what I would call a bright banana yellow with a slight shimmer to it. In the bottle the shimmer is more noticeable, but on the nail its a very subtle. I always love the colours Chanel comes out with and this year Mimosa was the 'it' colour everyone had to have. But I'm always let down by Chanel's 'it' colours, they either chip easily or have a horrible application. For a polishes that have a price tag of approx. $30 CND you would expect them to be near flawless. I found it very thick and uneven, with three coats bare spots were still left behind. I've swatched it a few times since purchasing it last weekend and both times it left a horrible yellow residue around my cuticles that wouldn't go away. Nonetheless I'm going to give it another try this weekend. Chanel polishes can be bought at Chanel stores and counters, I've never tried ordering from them online so I can't say how easy it is. They are $25 - $30 CND and are 0.4 fl oz/13mL, in the Vancouver area select Bay stores have Chanel counters and Holt Renfrew has a Chanel counter.  This collection is limited edition and getting harder to find. I'm going to try to keep working with it cause its beautiful so some actual swatches will be posted soon!

- Leanne




No comments:

Post a Comment