Friday 17 June 2011

Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme


Well... I really wanted to like this cuticle butter. But I'm not a fan at all. I tried it for a week and I'm just not that impressed. The one thing that made we want to buy it was that un-like Lush's Lemoney Flutter (which I love) it doesn't have any parabens in it. If your unsure of what parabens are I would highly recommend googling or youtubing "parabens." Basically they are preservatives added to cosmetics and a lot more things, and cancer studies have shown that some cancer patients have higher concentrations of parabens in them then other non-cancer patients. In some countries the use of them are banned but in Canada and the US they are still being used. As much as I can, I stay away from products with parabens in them because your skin easily absorbs the products you put on it.  I just figure there are so many products on the market these days, why pick ones with parabens in it when you have lots of options. ANYWAYS back to the lemon butter, I'm not a fan of the scent. It has lemon peel oil in it, but it basically smells like a citronella candle at a picnic. The consistency of it is very hard and waxy. It takes about 10 seconds of rubbing the top to get enough product on your finger for one cuticle. Once applied it absorbs fairly quickly into the skin but if its left on the nail it creates a very bad base for nail polish. I didn't notice a huge difference in my cuticles, not enough that I would put up with the bad smell or long application process. Bottom line - I'm still on the hunt for a "holy grail" cuticle moisturizer (paraben free of course). The retail price for this is $6 CND and it has .60 oz./ 17g of product in the tin. It's available almost anywhere, Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, and local grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment